Thursday, March 12, 2009

Enjoying Amherst College Mead Art Museum for the first time!


My friend, Thelma and I discovered the Mead Art Museum on the campus of Amherst College today. We've lived in this area for many years and this is the first time we visited the museum. It was fabulous. A painting by Georgia O'Keefe, a Rubens, portraits of Charles Lindburgh and his wife, Andrew Wyeth with his magical curtains blowing in the wind, to mention a few.
Pictured: FINE ART Salome, Painting by Henri, Robert 1909, Oil on canvas, American (1865-1929) Canvas: 77 1/4 in x 36 15/16 in; 196.215 cm x 93.8213 cm

We spent an hour looking at fine art, sculpture and a video by William Barnet. I liked his Dream sequence paintings and we watched a video with Barnet narrating. Then off to a new restaurant in downtown Amherst, Mango Mango! I enjoyed my panini with roast beef but the pork chop sandwich was a little dry. But we would definitely try it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment