Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Button, Button...Whose got the button?




The Crescent Button Club of Holyoke met yesterday at Piccadilly Pub in West Springfield for their annual Christmas Luncheon. It was wonderful and full of surprises. One button lover brought a box of wonderful buttons and we were free to pick from the box. I was lucky to get three buttons on a little card featuring a waistcoat image with the buttons attached. oh, so cute. Jan from Maine was a pleasure to meet. She's a quilter -- and we all know that quilters are the best people to know. And she came all the way from Maine to be present at the luncheon. I brought two crafted things and they were won by a couple of lucky ladies. We all brought 24 cards, one for each member. So we all went home with 24 or so cards to open at home. What fun. And I can use those cards in my craft projects which really was great. There were homemade cookie presents, homemade salty snacks, a package that contained a package of Kleenex, a pencil, just what you need when you are out at the flea market on Sunday mornings and the temperature is close to freezing and your nose starts running. They thought of everything. A tin of candy -- I won't be eating that but I know several friends who will enjoy it. Lunch was delicious and the service was great. I highly recommend this restaurant. Stop in during the holidays and say hello.

I can't wait until next year. Thank you, Button Club for a wonderful time.

No comments:

Post a Comment