Saturday, June 25, 2011

Lost and Found




I spend a lot of time looking for things! Things I just had a minute ago. The worst thing a person can do is clean up, organize and rearrange. It's deadly. Let me explain. I tend to remember where things were before I rearranged. Not the new place I put it. Old buttons, vintage photographs, well, you get the idea. The photograph shown here doesn't have anything to do with what I just said. Except for the words Lost and Found. That has every thing to do with my predicament. Finding that lost "thing" makes me so happy. You would think I hit the lottery.
Anyway, working with photoshop, in layers, the vintage girls, old shoe buttons and antique lace. Then I play with the images, painting, cropping, layering with various degrees of opacity.


This began with a photo I took of some vintage horse show ribbons. They are on ebay this week. $20 for all 7. Pleated rayon ribbon looks great and the horse medallions really look cool. Worked in photoshop, painted edges of photo and posterized it, too.

1 comment:

  1. Love the "Lost and Found" piece. Photoshop and I have a love/hate relationship, so I admire people who can such beautiful art with it!

    xoxo,
    Marzipan

    ReplyDelete