Sunday, June 12, 2011

A New Burtie! Fly Away Home!

My friends have been saving toilet paper rolls for me. I must have 500 or so. Today Burtie appeared from the stack of TP rolls. You can stick all kinds of paper to them, with diluted white glue. You can stamp on them, paint them with acrylic paints, gesso and then "zentangle" the wings. Little copper wire feet, handpainted face and some nesting going on in Burtie's head. I'll be looking for a few little eggs to lay in the nest. I do love the wings....old French hat flowers...which are so yummy. And an old gold watch flexible band around the neck. What fun!

My friend Kathleen gave me a wonderful old celluloid mirror this morning at the flea market. So next week, when we meet up, I'll give it back to her, all decorated with things that she likes....flowers, mostly. It's a surprise. I'll post it when it's finished.

It's been a very relaxing Sunday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment