Monday, February 20, 2012

Still no snow and it's February 20, 2012


While in Chicago the first week in January, I met up with my friend Lois, of 40 some odd years, and we had a wonderful breakfast together. Her son, Jeffrey, joined us and what fun it was. Great company. After breakfast, we scurried around Andersonville section of Chicago and went to multiple antique shops and resale shops. The best was in Evanston. Wonderful stuff and a great staff. Secret Treasures Antiques & Collectibles, 605 Dempster, Evanston, IL 60201.  Call for their hours 847-866-6889. I found a sweet little gold filled charm bracelet and it was a pleasure giving it to Lois.

So what does this have to do with snow? Well, after I left Chicago, two days later, they had a big snow storm. And I missed it. And New England has been snow free since October 2011. We had a few mornings of ground cover but it was so warm that it melted almost immediately.

I'm so looking forward to her visit in May when we will descend on Brimfield. Yea!



No comments:

Post a Comment