Tuesday, March 26, 2013

I saved my dog this morning!

At the breakfast table, Buddy was doing his usual jumping on me and licking me (which usually means he wants me to fill his ball with treats so he can spend the next 20 minutes getting them out)...but I felt something.....something on his tongue.....it felt like a splinter of wood or thorn possibly. Every time he licked my hand, I could feel it. It didn't seem to bother him. I gave him his acrylic bone with some peanut butter thinking that the roughness of the bone - he might get that thing out by himself. I fretted. And I fretted. I took a shower. Came out and it (the thing) was still there. I got dressed. Thinking of the $100 at least bill from the vet. Then I got myself together, and sat on the bed. He came over and looked up at me. I opened his mouth and I could see a needle had pierced his tongue. It was at least 1/2 inch into his tongue and another 1/2 inch sticking out. I reached in and pulled it out. No sign of pain except on my face.

I feel so much better now that the weight of the world is off my shoulders. FYI: The needle was 1.25" long and sharp at both ends....I don't know where he got it or what it could have been. Maybe I don't want to know.

Judy


Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment